We wanted to provide a fun resource that could challenge children to figure out the connections between the literature selected and the virtue they were studying. We created Dr. Virtue's Literary Check-up cards, a simple printable discussion card set that asks children to give each book "a once over check-up" looking for key information that applies to their virtue lessons. This set can accompany any of Our Virtue Lessons and helps children find and make connections between virtues and the books they read. We ask questions such as:
- Who is your favourite character in this book? Why?
- How could you change this story to make it more faith-filled?
- Who is the most virtuous character in this story?
- Does this story glorify God in some way?
- What things does the main character do or say that illustrates this virtues in some way?
- What is your favourite part of this story?